According to Fox News, a “source familiar” revealed that the Secret Service does have logs of those who visited Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware home and that the agency is prepared to turn the records over to Congressional investigators.
The statement directly contradicts statements made by the Biden White House counsel and a Secret Service spokesperson, who claimed that no such logs exist.
The issue of visitor logs for Biden’s home is part of investigations into the discovery of unsecured classified documents recently found in several locations, including the garage, at Biden’s home.
Rep. James Comer (R-KY), chairman of the House Oversight Committee sent a letter to the White House on Sunday demanding the visitor logs for Biden’s home.
From the Fox News story (excerpt):
The U.S. Secret Service is prepared to offer names of individuals who visited President Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware, home if requested by Congress, Fox News has learned.
The White House continues to insist that there exists no formal visitor log for the personal residence where two troves of classified documents were found.
While the White House has not kept a formal list, the Secret Service does collect information on guests with regular access to the home.
Retention of the names of those vetted by the Secret Service depends on a variety of factors, including proximity to the president and the nature of the background check.
“The Secret Service does not maintain visitor logs at the private residences of protectees,” said U.S. Secret Service chief of communications Anthony Guglielmi. “While the Secret Service does generate law enforcement and criminal justice information records for various individuals who may come into contact with Secret Service protected sites, we are not able to comment further as this speaks to the means and methods of our protective operations.”
The White House counsel’s office released a statement Monday denying that visitor logs were kept for Biden’s Delaware home:
“Like every President across decades of modern history, his personal residence is personal. But upon taking office, President Biden restored the norm and tradition of keeping White House visitors logs, including publishing them regularly, after the previous administration ended them.”
In less than two years, Biden has spent nearly 200 days and nights in Delaware at his Wilmington and Rehoboth beach homes.
Fox posted a 2019 photo by reporter Peter Doocy showing Biden’s home unguarded:
The New York Post posted a recent photo of Biden’s now-guarded home:
During an episode of “The Five” Fox News host Dana Perino said Fox received word that Hunter Biden was in the Delaware home just four days before classified documents were found.
On Wednesday Comer sent a letter to the University of Pennsylvania demanding information on the Penn Biden Center where the first batch of classified documents were found last November (excerpt):
To assist the Committee in investigating President Biden’s recent mishandling of classified information, please provide the following documents and information no later than February 1, 2023:
1. All documents and communications related to donations originating from China to UPenn and/or the Penn Biden Center from January 20, 2017 to present;
2. A list of all Chinese donors—and the individual amount donated—to UPenn and/or the Penn Biden Center from January 20, 2017 to present;
3. All documents and communications related to soliciting donations for the Penn Biden Center;
4. A list of all employees of the Penn Biden Center—including information about their salary, job description, and dates of employment;
5. A list of all individuals with keycard access to the Penn Biden Center—including but not limited to members of President Biden’s family;
6. A visitor log of all individuals who met with President Biden at the Penn Biden Center;
7. All documents and communications related to security at the Penn Biden Center.