Fox News has had a really rough month, following the cowardly $787 million settlement with Dominion Voting Systems and their disastrous decision to fire their highest-rated host, Tucker Carlson.
The latest numbers show that Fox News has lost nearly two-thirds of its primetime audience after Carlson’s ouster.
According to anonymous reports, Fox News has dissolved its investigative unit.
The extent of the layoffs and their reasoning is still up for debate, with some employees claiming that it is related to the settlement with Dominion Voting Systems and at least one saying that it had nothing to do with the settlement.
One Fox employee said, “The rank and file journalists are getting let go. Meanwhile, upper management are sitting pretty while they are the execs responsible for the Dominion debacle.”
Rolling Stone reported:
THE FALLOUT FROM Fox News’ $787.5 million settlement with Dominion Voting Systems continued on Friday, with the network dissolving its investigative unit.
“The rank and file journalists are getting let go. Meanwhile, upper management are sitting pretty while they are the execs responsible for the Dominion debacle,” one Fox employee tells Rolling Stone, which has confirmed the unit has been axed. “We are the sacrificial lambs.”
“Yes, [layoffs] have happened,” another staffer confirms. “And continue to happen.”
A Fox source with knowledge of the situation rejected any connection between the layoffs and the Dominion settlement. The source said some of the people within the investigative unit had been reassigned.